Ingredients for 12 cupcakes:
200g margarine or butter, melted.
200g caster sugar.
2 or 3 teaspoons of Vanilla extract.
200g self raising flour.
4 tablespoons of cocoa powder (I used Hershey's).
75 to 100g chocolate drops (I used chopped chocolate, it works the same if not better).
1. Preheat the oven to 200c/ gas mark 6.
2. Mix margarine and sugar together until fluffy, then add eggs Vanilla extract.
3. Fold in the flour and mix well, then add the cocoa powder and chocolate drops.
4. Place the cupcake cases in a tin and fill generously. Bake for around 15 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool the decorate as desired.
Ingredients for peanut butter frosting:
115g margarine or butter (softened),
150g peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, whichever you fancy!).
250g Icing sugar.
1. Mix together the margarine and butter until smooth.
2. Fold in the icing sugar until the mixture is fluffy, I used an electric whisk. Add milk if needed.
3. Either pipe or just place onto the cupcakes, I went for a messy look as my boyfriend said they'd look better.
4. Now decorate the cupcakes with whatever you like, I used chocolate pieces.
And here is the finished result!
Both recipes are super easy and they didn't long to make either. I hope you've enjoyed this type of post, I have another coming soon!
Lots of love Alex xox
Disclaimer: I'm not claiming either recipe my own, I found the frosting on the lovely Becky's blog and the cupcake were from somewhere online (all recipes I think!).