Here's what you'll need:
175g Dark chocolate
225g granulated sugar
2 medium eggs
150g plain flour
One bag of Chocolate chips
a few splashes of Orange extract or the juice of 2 small Oranges.
A deep baking tray
An electric whisk, hand whisks also works well too
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees, then line and grease a rectangle or square baking tray.
2. Melt your butter and chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, stirring continuously or if you don't have a glass bowl (like myself), melt them in the microwave - checking regularly!
3. Add the sugar and eggs to the chocolate mixture and mix well on a low speed using an electric whisk. Once mixed add the orange extract or juice and stir until flavoured to your liking. Also add half the chocolate chips, saving the rest to add on top.
4. Finally, add the flour in parts and mix on a medium speed until you have a thick mixture.
5. Now pour the batter into your baking tray and leave to stand for 15 minutes to form a skin, if this doesn't happen - don't worry, the brownies will still turn out okay! Then pop the baking tray into the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Once cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack, to finish cut them into even pieces and sprinkle with orange zest if you have any oranges remaining!
I would love to see if any of you bake these scrummy brownies! As you can see they're super easy to make.